Sunday, December 9, 2012

Off to St. Petersburg

                                                     A Palace of the Tsars


                                                       St. Petersburg Cathedral


Well now that I've already addressed everything you need to know about Moscow I'm going to tell you about a couple of other places I am planning on going to for a day trip. St. Petersburg is a place I have thought about going to visit for a long time because it is home to over 500 bridges that are both wide and narrow, and long and short. The main thing that is different about st. Petersburg and Moscow is the fact that they are basically polar opposites due to the fact  that they have been competing with each other for over 300 years. This rivalry can be compared to that of Edinburgh and Glasgow or Washington and New York which have both been going on for a couple of centuries. It would take about 36 hours to get to St. Petersburg by car due to the constant traffic jams. But if you go by train like I am then it should take around 5 hours and there are a whole lot of options as to what train company you wish to ride with. The main site I want to go see is the St. Petersburg Cathedral because of its exquisite beauty and amazing architecture. I would also love to get the opportunity to see some of the palaces of the Tsars because it interests me to see what it would have been like to be royalty. Plus I like the film Anastasia and she lived in one of the palaces so that is another reason I would like to go there. St. Petersburg will definitely be a major highlight of my trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment