Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Learning the Basics



So this past month I found out that in 3 months I am doing to be leaving to Moscow, Russia as a foreign exchange student! I've just started looking at places to go while I'm there because I never thought I would be picked to be an exchange student! God has blessed me with the opportunity to not only go to Russia and live there for a year and attend a Russian school but has also given me the opportunity to minister to the people of Russia that I come in contact with. If you didn't already know Moscow is located in the far eastern part of Russian and is just about in the middle of the country height wise. Moscow is roughly 2,215 feet above sea level and ranges from full out city streets to calm snowy country roads. The weather in Moscow is what keeps a large crowd of tourists away except in the summer when it is around 70 degrees F but in winter it only gets up to the low 30's. Moscow is the capital city of Russia and has a estimated population of 11,514,330 which for one city is pretty large. It will definitely be hard adjusting from nice and warm Knoxville to cold and crowded Moscow. Ever since the 14th century Moscow has been building its self around the Kremlin and is largely populated by white people. Russian is the official language and they use the Rouble as currency and the main form of transportation is the Moscow Metro and hitching a ride on a trolly. The main religions in Russia are Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Judaism. In the past couple of years Russia has developed some major economic and political problems and has been working constantly to fix them unlike our current president. I am super excited to go and live in Moscow and I hope you will all pray for me as I plan on the trip. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Noah, you had some every excellent points in tis blog! You gave me all the details I think I would need to know if I were going to Moscow! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its walker. im sorry i havent commented until now but here it is. I think you did great job telling about your city. overall i felt very informed about your destination. There may have been too many plain facts back to back but other than that, nothing! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog! Lots of pictures! Moscow seems like a very interesting city. The square of europe is really neat! thanks!

    ReplyDelete