Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Living In Moscow VS. Living In Knoxville?


                                                    (The Apartment I'll be Staying in)



                                                 (The street by what will be my home)

So it's obvious that there are a lot of differences between Moscow and Knoxville. But for now I'm gonna keep it simple and talk about the differences in living. Right now in Knoxville I live off the corner of a busy street in West Knoxville and I am currently homeschooled. I eat three square meals and go run three miles a day, also I get to play guitar and every Sunday I go to church and lead worship in youth and then go work in children's ministry and preform in choir. In Moscow I will be living at the address 5 ulista Novyy Arbat right near the central part of Moscow. I will be living with the Krovskys, a family of five. They are strong Christians and the father Antonin is the head pastor at their church and their mothers name is Svetlana. They have three boys Burian, Casimir, and Dmitri. Dmitri is my age but is a grade above me even though the schooling system is a little different. I will however be attending the same classes as him and will be moved up into his grade because if I were Russian I would be in that grade. It is a very busy part of town and the traffic is crazy all day long. The average size of a family in Russia is 4 including parents of course. The standard of living in Russia is a little bit worse then the United States but the family I will be staying with is rather loaded so I'll be able to do pretty much anything. Lastly for fun the people of Moscow is watch tv, listen to music, and go see the latest ballets.

No comments:

Post a Comment